- 16 ounces (1 lb) ground beef or I like the Italian seasoned turkey
- 1 lg head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes, or Muir Glen tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 lg yellow onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Cayenne pepper ( optional)
Brown ground beef or turkey and onion in skillet.
Place shredded cabbage, tomatoes, onion, and meat in large pot and cook over medium heat for approximately 30 minutes. ·Note my wife likes to add chicken broth as well. ·It make the cabbage softer but I prefer the original recipe.
Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.