- 1·pound·very lean ground turkey, sirloin or bison
- 1 cup of Hun’t no added sugar Italian Style Sauce (2 servings)- 0 gm fat/6 carbs per ½ cp svg or any like low carb/no fat tomato sauce.
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese (make sure its low fat and no carb)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Pam cooking spray
- I Can’t Believe it’s not butter spray
- Italian seasonings
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cut spaghetti squash in half (length wise) and clean out seeds. Spray with I Can’t Believe it’s not butter spray, and little salt and pepper.
- Place face down on foil in cooking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Spray pan with light coat of Pam to prevent sticking and brown ground meat.
- Add Italian seasonings of your choice to meat (or buy Italian seasoned Turkey).
- Heat spaghetti sauce in pan. Add seasonings and a dash of Splenda for sweetening to your taste.
- When spaghetti squash are finished, take a fork and rake it long ways over squash. You will see spaghetti appearing as squash comes out.
- Measure 1 cup of squash onto plate. (This counts as 2 vegetable servings)
- Measure 5-6 oz of meat (Depending on which meat you used) and put it on top of spaghetti.
- Next add ¼-½ cup of sauce on top and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
Makes a pretty tasty spaghetti but remember it won’t be drenched in sauce so season your meat up good! The squash have limited taste so you are getting flavor from the meat and sauce.
Recommend eating with 1 serving of green vegetable salad with limited dressing (or no dressing) since you have a few carbs in the sauce.