This quick and easy chicken dish is cooked in a white wine sauce with string beans and bacon, all in one skillet. You can modify this basic recipe using any veggies you like!
- 4 strips center-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise into thin cutlets
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup crisp white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc (use broth for Whole30 or Paleo)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 8 ounces French green beans
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and sauté until brown and crisp. Remove bacon pieces with a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard the majority of the bacon grease, leaving a very thin coating in the pan.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with 1/4 tsp salt and black pepper and add to the skillet. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add the shallots to the now empty skillet and sauté 1 minute, scraping up brown bits. Add the garlic and sauté 30 seconds more. Add the broth, wine and thyme and stir. Add the green beans, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced and the green beans are crisp tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the chicken breasts and green beans to a serving platter. Season beans with 1/8 teaspoon salt and fresh pepper. Pour chicken juices into sauce with 1/8 teaspoon salt, stir and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Pour sauce over the chicken and green beans and top with chopped bacon.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 3 oz chicken, 1/2 cup green beans
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 3
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 211
- Total Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 334mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 29g
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/one-skillet-chicken-with-bacon-and-green-beans/#iBq3G32ljMwB4SG5.99